- Getting started
Colorlab offers a lot of functionality, use this guide to get started quickly.
Before we get started it is important you understand some basic terms which are used throughout this guide.
Visitors of your webshop that use the product customizer to customize your products.
The actual product editor that end-users will use to customize your products on your webshop.
The back-office system behind the product customizer, this is the place for creating templates, managing orders and exporting ordered customizations.
Templates are the most important thing in Colorlab and control how the end-user will experience your product in the product customizer. Things like views (ex. front and back), customization options (image, text, artwork), background images and export settings can be configured using templates.
More on templates in our full guide: Templates
A customization represents a single design an end-user made on your webshop with the product customizer.
More on templates in our full guide: Customizations
The installation procedure depends on the kind of webshop software you use.
More information is available on: Integrations
If you need any help, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login into the console and go to Templates and click on the button Create template.
- 1. Information: Provide general information of the template you’re about to create.
- 2. Dimensions: Define the base structure of your template, views, background images and size.
- Views: Customizable views of your product, for example if you sell a t-shirt, this could be front and back.
- Background image: This is the base image of your template, all customizations will happen on top of this template. Every view has its own background image.
- 3. Areas (optional): By default your whole template can be customized. With areas you can limit this by drawing your own printable areas.
- 4. Preview: Now it’s time for the fun part, lets start with adding elements to your template. Elements are customization options end-users will have when opening the product customizer on one of your products.
- For example: If you add one text element, the end-user will be able to add one text to your product.
- You can position and set default values for your element by using the app preview. For more in depth configuration, click on the cog icon next to the element.
- 5. Export: Configure how ordered products based on this template will be exported.
- Click save to finalize the creation of your first template.
Initially elements are visible in the whole template. To assign an element to a specific area, click the cog icon next to the element, go to the step position and set Visible in to your area
- Edit template in the console
- Click on the last step called Shopify
- Choose the Shopify product or variant you want to link this template to
- Save template
The add to cart button on your product in Shopify will be changed to customize.
For non Shopify platforms the way of linking depends on the integration more information on: Integrations
Something unclear? Email email@example.com for help.